Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Stand and deliver

pen & ink & watercolor sketch of small  businesses on West 35th St. & 7th Avenue
West 35th St. & 7th Avenue

When I'm on the ground in town, in this case, West 35th street, I'm thinking mostly about dodging the other pedestrians and getting where I have to go. But there is always a sketch kit burning a hole in my bag the whole time. This time saw horse barrier  stands near the corner of Seventh Ave. it makes a perfect rest for a little sketch book so I straddle the shopping bag of yardage I'd just bought and have at it. I finished and got half a block away before I remembered to go back and take a snap shot. The Vitamin Shop had a window full of bottles next to  a blacked out window I could see. I switched it for the more visually appealing bottles. I was drawn to that little snack shop and the invisible barber shop with its vestigial pole. I wonder how many people actually enter that dark doorway and climb the stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment